Thursday, March 19, 2009

AIG, Bonuses, American Idol, and other things I don't really care about...

Now, don’t get me wrong, I could care two licks about AIG and the bonuses.  Why?  Because I am a capitalist, and don’t really care what a private company does, or doesn’t do.  Bonuses?  Puhlease.  This is something that has backfired in the face of the democrats (and three republicans.) who rushed through a stimulus bill that no one read.  So, now they are trying to paint AIG as a bunch of Cheney-like Blackwater Evil Corporation Conglomerate to take attention off of their lack of attention.   In case you have been asleep, our favorite financial guru Chris Dodd shoved an amendment in there ok’ing bonus packages for companies receiving bribes, err, uh, bailout money.  It is even conveniently called the ‘Dodd Amendment.’

Now, I suppose everyone would think that someone in the current administration would have to fall on the sword in order to protect ‘The One.’  Not so.  That oldest of old political instincts have kicked in, and this little gem of a story is now out there.

 

I think the only thing AIG is guilty of is, well two things, Executives that ran the company into the ground, and taking money from the Gov’t.  I am also truly surprised that Dodd, a democrat, is challenging the Premier, er, I mean President.  Any bets on how long it takes for Dodd to turn up dead (politically)?

 

Peace- I’m out.

 

 

No comments: