Thursday, January 22, 2009

Office amusements

I figure I have a year’s worth of head shaking stories involving the two previously mentioned products of modern education, so I figure as often as possible  I will post stories involving them.  It is important to note that I am not embellishing or exaggerating in any way.  The following stories are true, only the names have been changed to protect the naïve.

So, Music Guy thinks computers run on magic.  He reminds me of an 82 year old man who cannot wrap his mind around even the most basic workings of a computer.  This is surprising since he has a college degree and was born in the computer generation.

Maybe only Spencer and Mark will understand the utter stupidity of this – but he pulls out his laptop one day and gets a very confused look on his face.  He messes around for a few minutes and frustrated he comes over and wants my help.  Seems he cannot get onto the internet.  Not surprising since the company is not wireless, and he does not have a CAT5 cable stuck into his computer.  He wants to know why, and I tell him there is no wireless signal, so he cannot get on the internets.  Once again, a very confused look passes on his face, and he asks how come we can get on the internet from our work computers if there is no wireless internet.  I bend down and show him the cables and explain those are wires, they plug into the wall which provides the computers with the internet, and the  company does not provide wireless internet.  Then the kicker- he says- “oh, so wireless means there is literally no wire hooked up to the computer, but an antenna like a radio!”  Right, Sherlock.  “I thought wireless was an internet company.”

 

3 comments:

TheFirehouse said...

Does he have a cat5 cable stuck in his @$$ or is it just his head?

Andrea Olsen said...

Oh boy.

Danny said...

I think he is perma-high, but not the funny goofy surfer-dude high, more of an annoying spacey high.