Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A few things...

This last week has been rough- Rachel and Grant both had the little kid stomach flu (rotovirus), and not the 24 hour kind, but the 7 day kind that is extremely contagious.  So, there were many sleepless nights, load after load of laundry to do, and the constant cleaning of vomit.  On top of all this, Sharel found out she had a sinus infection.  Friday night I took Grant to Children’s Mercy for dehydration.  Children’s Mercy is awesome!  They got an IV in him, and within two hours he was up playing around and being semi back to normal.  He is almost back to normal now, although he lost about 5 or 6 pounds from this whole mess.  Rachel did much better and was over it a few days before Grant.  A huge blessing for us is that Eryn never did get it.  I owe all that to the priesthood.  Eryn received a blessing when Rachel and Grant first started vomiting that she would be immune to it.  There is real power there.  All of us seem to be getting back to normal, even Sharel.

 

We are not too far away from our due date- Feb. 22, just a little over a month away.  No, we have not really decided on a name yet, but we will be sure to let you know.

 

Bigger news- as you might have guessed, I finally acquired a new handgun.  A very powerful one- a Charles Daly 1911 in .45acp.  I am super excited, and just bought a box of ammo for it, so I can’t wait to get out and shoot it.  Get ready, Bo, I just need to clear a day and we can get our shoot on!  Spencer- too bad you live in Tennessee.  Sucks to be you, bro.

 

Political Front:

It is so sweet, and tickles me to no end that the congressional democrats and Obama are having a little tiff.  It all seemed to start when Obama failed to consult with Diane Feinstein over the selection of the CIA chief.  After all, Diane is the chair of the senate intelligence committee, a very high power democrat, and she was not even informed of what was going on.  This started a little chest thumping amongst the two camps.  Now it seems that the congressional democrats are telling obama- “look, you are not king, we got you elected.  You need to remember where your bread is buttered buster.”  Seems Obama’s gotten a little too big for his britches.  Stay tuned for the media to fall next- it will take longer- but I think within two years the media will not be as kind to him as they are now.  We can see some journalists already taking offense as evidenced in this article- love affair crumbling?

 

Peace- I’m out

2 comments:

Ransom said...

I want to come too, but I'm gonna bring my BB gun. I don't want to show you guys up, though, so I'll just shoot off a few rounds.

TheFirehouse said...

Dude...don't you have new carpet?