Monday, April 11, 2011

My impression of beating a dead horse...

So a very good, but extremely misguided, friend brought up Obamacare the other day. It was not my choice, I have not wanted to discuss poitics for a little while, but I suppose I just can’t get away from it. So in an effort to clarify my standing on obamacare, I offer the following essay:

Why Danny does not like ObamaCare
By Danny

First, let me clarify some myths surrounding my position.
Myth 1: Danny hates poor people. Although I do find their lack of hygiene and social skills disturbing (just kidding people!), I do not hate them. In fact, I find it appalling that their access to medical care is stymied because they do not have insurance. I think poor people do not get the same quality of healthcare as people who have health insurance. I further believe that everyone should have access to good medical care no matter what your income is. Just because I don’t like ObamaCare does not mean that I don’t think that poor people should not be able to have healthcare.

Myth 2: Danny loves the current healthcare system and does not want it to change. On the contrary, I think the current system stinks. I think the costs are artificially inflated due to having to go through a middle man for healthcare (insurance companies). The current healthcare system needs some serious reforms, but Obamacare is not the only option for reform out there.

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my essay...
Peace- I'm Out!

No comments: