Thursday, March 18, 2010

a confession...

Joe Biden.  I have to admit I like him.  Now, I know he is part of the Obama administration, but I just can’t help but to like him.  I wholeheartedly disagree with his politics, but he seems like the kind of guy I could sit down to dinner with and have a good time.  All of these gaffes he makes- they are funny, and mostly harmless.  And he knows what kind of idiotic things he says.  I don’t hold it against him, heaven knows Bush wasn’t the “great communicator” either.

Personally, I don’t think Biden is part of Obama’s inner circle.  He seems to be much more of a Harry Truman to FDR, than a Cheney to Bush.  For those unfamiliar, FDR appointed Truman for pure political points, and the two never spoke much and Truman was largely left out of the loop on matters.  I almost get the feeling that Obama was advised to get Biden, precisely because Biden is such a likeable, friendly guy to counterbalance Obama’s robot heart.  But, it’s all speculation.  If I find out that Biden has the same designs as Obama, I will be terribly upset.

No comments: