Monday, February 1, 2010

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse...A Series by Danny's Deep Thoughts...

As most of you may know, my brain is growing bigger day by day with the invaluable knowledge of a Graduate School education in Disaster and Emergency Management.  One course that is glaringly missing from the catalog is “The Zombie Apocalypse:  Mitigation, Preparation, and Response Strategies for Dealing with the Undead.”  It’s quite disappointing really, to not have that course offered.  But, I will be writing up a proposal and presenting it to the Dean, and perhaps even the Board of Directors for the school, in an attempt to have this course added to the curriculum.  So, in preparation for the proposal, I will attempt to educate the three readers of this blog on the Zombie Apocalypse.

First- what is the Zombie Apocalypse?  May I suggest watching “I am Legend” with Will Smith, or perhaps “The Omega Man” with Charlton Heston?  Other films that will educate you on the Zombie Apocalypse are (disclaimer:  I have not seen these, so I cannot verify that the content is suitable for an active, faithful Latter Day Saint to watch.) 28 Days Later, Zombie Land, Night of the Living Dead.

My purpose is to discuss the three strategies mentioned previously, Preparation, Mitigation and Response.  I will tackle each one of these topics in the upcoming weeks.

In all seriousness, I will be writing about Emergency Preparedness, because a lot of the info I have seen coming from numerous sources, including what has been presented to us on a ward level are out of date.  Recent disasters such as Katrina, and more recently Haiti, have presented us with invaluable information that has not been used to update the current thinking, your ward may be different, so perhaps you already know some of these things. 

 

2 comments:

TheFirehouse said...

as one of your three faithful readers, I will be looking forward for your information so that I can effectively fight the zombies.

L S. "Spencer" Olsen said...

...brains...