Monday, February 15, 2010

just a thought...

How come heat waves, hurricanes, and thunderstorms are evidence of global warming, but massive snow storms and extreme cold snaps are just “weather”?

 

I am sure there is some intellectual Poindexter out there who can educate me…but I think I already know the answer.  Because heat waves are hot, this is a great excuse to point out global warming, because it is really hot outside.  Hurricanes and tornadoes are evidence because they are destructive and scary.  If they are linked to global warming, then more people will want to do away with global warming, because it doesn’t play nice with the rest of the group.  But cold spells, such as the one we had in January, this is just an isolated weather event, that neither proves not disproves global warming- it is just weather, and weather can fluctuate.  The massive snow storms is just an isolated weather event as well.

 

Now, I am not here saying that because it has been really, really cold and there has been lots of snow that global warming does not exist.  My point is, to have a legitimate point of view, then you have to be consistent in your arguments.  You cannot brand a type of “weather event” such as a heat wave as evidence of global warming, but then dismiss another “weather event” – cold snaps, as having nothing to do with climate and global warming.

 

I for one am consistent in my arguments- I don’t believe in global warming because it is dumb and Al Gore is a poopoo face.

 

Peace- I’m out!

No comments: