Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Dark Knight

So, Sharel and I went and saw the Dark Knight last night.  (BTW, huge thanks to Korynn who watched our kids for us)

.

.

.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!! DON’T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET!!!!!!!!!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

 

It was …awesome.  I am such a huge fan of this Batman.  The Joker was great, but I thought 2-Face really was the great villain.  I wish they hadn’t killed him off, because he would be great in another movie.  I wasn’t sure how they were going to pull off Harvey Dent making the transition from squeaky clean to deranged villain, but they did, and with flying colors.  I am hoping that he wasn’t really dead, and they will have him come back to menace Gotham.  Both Sharel and I agreed that this Rachel Dawes was much better than Katy Holmes, and Sharel was disappointed when they offed her.  But we both realized that it had to be in order for Dent to make his transition.  Heath Ledger was very good at being the Joker, but I think all this Oscar talk is just a “lets fawn over him bc he od’d”  I thought Gary Oldman did fantastic, as always.  Christopher Nolan is now the King of the comic book movies- eat it Brian Singer.  (Let’s be honest- X-Men great, Superman- really bad) And of course we both thought Christian Bale was awesome as Bruce Wayne.   The best part of the movie was the lighting.  Batman Begins had some dark dreary lighting, but The Dark Knight was not afraid of the light.

 

Peace- I’m out.

 

 

No comments: