Thursday, September 17, 2009

BEHOLD!!!



And what fine piece of machinery do your eyes behold? Why only the finest off-road vehicle ever conceived by the mind of man! A Chevy K5 Blazer. Why do I bring this up? Well, my truck is about kaput, and so Sharel and I have been shopping around. Due to the distinct lack of anything for $1500 that will run, we have decided to wait until we get our tax refund, and then pool some of it with the $1500 and buy me a new vehicle. Well, I saw one of these the other day, and an old flame was rekindled. I have wanted one of these since we lived in Utah and I was the ripe old age of 4. Since then I have seen these around and yes, I lust after them. I know they are horribly prone to rust, horrible gas mileage (but my truck gets terrible mpg, so I figure it is a lateral move) not to mention other problems, but parts are cheap and plentiful, as well as knowledge pools from a host of people who have rebuilt these from the ground up. Sharel is all for it, especially since I can pick up one that has had the engine rebuilt and a new tranny in it for around $3000. So, Bo, and Spencer, eat your heart out! Not only do I have guns, but I will also round out my redneckness with the ultimate vehicle, cause nothin says "clingin' to guns and religion" more than a 1987 Chevy K5 Blazer with a 6 inch lift.

3 comments:

TheFirehouse said...

That is the ULTIMATE gun-totin' redneck mobile! Does it come with a gunrack?

TheFirehouse said...

you'll probably fall into the "domestic terrorist" category with that truck.

Bo said...

Andrea is all for me owning guns and explosives and any number of other items of awesomeness, however she will not agree to letting me own a blazer or a bronco. sniff, sniff, weep. :( Yep I did the frowny face.