Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i am soo sad...

Sharel and I were watching videos on youtube last night, and we came across movie trailers.  I watched two incredibly awesome trailers, but they left me with a lonely, hurt and wounded feeling in my heart.  They are rated R.  I won’t be able to see them, in all their splendid splendidness.  Anyway, the two movies in question:  “Moon” with Sam Rockwell, and “District 9”.  I don’t know who is in “District 9”, but youtube both of these trailers. 

 

Sharel made an astute observation- have you ever noticed that for the last couple of years, Hollywood has been making some great action movies that are not rated R?  Now it seems that all these trailers we watched were R rated. 

 

Some other notable mentions of movies coming out-

“the Surrogates” with Bruce Willis- R rated, but as Sharel said an interesting concept.

 

“The Book of Eli” with Denzel- it is not rated as of yet, but it looks awesome- but only to me, Sharel thought it looked dumb.  Think Mad Max meets I Am Legend with Denzel carrying a sawed off shotgun and some weird machete/sword.

 

Patton Oswalt- of King of Queens- is breaking out in a dramatic role.  It looks very dark, and I think he will do good in it, because even his funny characters are pathetic.  The movie is “Big Fan”.  It too is R.

 

And, one I am actually looking forward to seeing, “Where the Wild Things Are”.  Looks like it will be a great movie, although I think the monsters will give our kids nightmares.  (if you watch this on youtube, make sure to look for a video response called “Everyone Poops”, you won’t be disappointed, I promise.  Well, if you are an Olsen with an inbred sense of potty humor, you won’t be disappointed.)

 

And if you like the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton super duo of weirdness, then wait no further- “Alice in Wonderland” with Captain Jack playing the Mad Hatter.  What a surprise.  Really. (Honestly, it looks like Willy Wonka just in a different movie).

 

And a plug for the movie Sharel wants to see- “Julia/Julia”.  I must admit that it doesn’t look too bad as far as chick flicks go, at least she isn’t gonna make me watch “Twilight”.

 

Hope you enjoyed this break from politics.

 

One more thing- Glenn Beck is totally awesome- he made liberals all over squirm when he said he took a gun to a movie theater last week and didn’t shoot anyone.  I wonder what kind of gun he carries…

There is a discussion on a board  asking this question- so far half think it is some sort of Sig, the other half some sort of 1911.  I don’t know where I lean, probably towards a 1911 commander model.

 

Peace- I’m out

 

1 comment:

Merilee said...

I think I'm going to hell, because I might see some of those movies anyway.