Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gems from an ignoramus...or Welcome to my slice of hell part 2

So, I am sitting at my desk listening to the latest doom and gloom from Glenn Beck (love ya Glenn, but remember Aug. 22, 2006?) when my fellow co worker (the one from my little slice of hell) and ignoramus comes up and asks me a question relating to the current financial meltdown.

 

“Don’t you think that this whole bailout business is just a move by the Cheney administration to take power away from congress?”  Really.  I am not lying. Those were his exact words. 

 

When I got a little annoyed and walked away telling him that if he wanted to have a serious discussion he needed to drop the stupid anti-Bush rhetoric, he got a little upset.  Seems he thinks that people just take one thing he says and focuses on it instead of the broad picture.  That led to gem number two-

 

“My question was really an unbiased question and people can’t see that, I am really misunderstood.”

 

Geez, I wonder why some people would think that you are not unbiased.

 

 

And now for the rest of the story…

 

His theory is that Bush/Cheney are trying to usurp power from the legislative branch to the presidency.  After I asked for specific examples of this devious manipulation of Wall Street, he admitted that he had none.  When questioned further, it turns out he is not even sure what the mess is about, or what is being proposed to fix it.

 

 Is this Bush Derangement Syndrome or what?  When he heard something bad was happening, his automatic assumption is that somehow Bush/Cheney caused it.  What a moron.  Once again, welcome to my little slice of hell.

No comments: